Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Did I Show You This?


Over 400 yds of lace weight Shetland beauty spun from a fleece hand painted by Widdershin Woolworks.  Dear Ani (the genius behind Widdershin) nearly met her death after a visit to Israel - no it wasn't terrorism, it was a mosquito who gave her a West Nile like virus.  The handspinning world was on tenterhooks and we didn't even know it!  She is on the mend now, thank the spinning goddesses!

Anyway,  I don't care what anyone says, Shetland sheep are very cute, their wool spins up like nobody's business and the resulting yarn has a sturdy integrity that is unmatched, except perhaps by Icelandic wool.  Nah, I think Shetland is best.  

As Finn once said in response to my telling him that I thought I liked spinning *better* than knitting:

Oh no you dittn't.  (add your own sweeping, snapping gesture).


2 comments:

Unknown said...

That is lovely--has it told you yet what it want to be? (I think i hear it saying a lace --but not too lacy--scarf.)

deborah said...

Beautiful work! I hear you about the spinning/knitting thing. My stockpile of yarn builds much faster than my knitting projects because, most days, I'd rather be spinning.