Saturday, August 11, 2012

What's Next? Boiled Peanuts?

It must be those hazy, hot and humid days of summer - there have been so many of them.


The light is thick and golden and heavy.  Maybe it is like this in New Orleans all the time?


I miss the cool, blue light of Newfoundland.  I miss it so much that I actively try to not think about it.  Good thing I have so much training in putting my mind to be where I want it to be when I want it to be there.  My mind wants to be on a rock in the North Atlantic but somehow it got stuck in a William Faulkner novel.

Could such a plant seriously exist any place labelled "northerly"?
As I write this, the cicadas are singing their pervasive chorus.  Everything is green and lush in a way that seems, frankly, unnatural.  Next thing, I'll be talkin' right slow-like and voting Republican.

2 comments:

Xxx. Xxxx said...

Republican?? Please. Say it ain't so. Two white men. Cannot fully express how disappointed I am in that ticket. And I'm not a Republican by any stretch of the imagination. Half the population, people. 236 years into this thing. And with one wonderful exception (and 2 unelected hopefuls -- thank god on the one), all you've got to offer is white men? "Oh Ebenezer [Mitt] what a safe and terrible answer. So characteristic of the careful man."

Robyn said...

Mitt himself is one giant missed opportunity, so it isn't that surprising. And yet....we continue to wish for better (and believe it might really happen). As you would say, le sigh....