Thursday, January 02, 2014

Welcome 2014!

The new year brings with it several very exciting new projects and opportunities for me and I am thrilled to share some of them with you here, now.  Some of them will be revealed in the fullness of time.  Actually, they probably can be revealed now but I just like to use that phrase.

First, I am very excited to be included as one of the featured artists on the homepage of culturehall.com for the month of January.  I was among the first artists to be featured when the site was launched in 2008.  The founder, David Andrew Frey, has been a steady supporter of my work and I am very grateful to him for his support and his insights.  Check it out!  The other featured artists are quite interesting as well, so you can't lose.

Next up will be two solo exhibitions happening in March.  Yes, two.  In one month.  Tra la la....

It is a busy time at Studio Love.

The first exhibition will be at bkbx, the artist space in the Gowanus neighborhood of Brooklyn.  This show will feature studio-based works: drawings, ceramic pieces and textiles.  I also will have a selection of functional ceramics for sale - bowls, mainly.  One of the goals of bkbx is to make art accessible and affordable so each participating artist has a mandate to create objects that are in a reasonable price range.  I will post more details as the event gets closer but pencil March 7th into your datebook - the opening reception will be held that evening.

The second exhibition will be at the gallery at Northern University in Aberdeen, SD.  This project will be more of a collaborative, interactive installation with the fine art students at the University.  I will say more later but I am quite excited about the direction things are taking.

Also have a couple of publication projects in the works - as a contributor not as the main focus.  These also are very exciting and both will feature my project, Spindle 7.

So, stay tuned!  2014 is already shaping up to be full and fun.  It will be great to share it all with you over the coming months.

No comments: