Tuesday, August 12, 2014

I'm Dyeing Over Here

During Ani's workshop, I was busy being her assistant, chief photo documentarian and head chef so I wasn't able to lay hands on wool nor dye.  I watched (and photographed) as others did their thing but for myself, nothing.  I also listened carefully to what Ani was saying.

After the dust settled and everyone headed home however, to the dye pots I went.  And what do I now have in my hot, little hands?  

Oh, only this....



Two skeins of machine spun Merino, DK weight.

And this: (it is all Merino/Silk, 85/15%).  






A closer look at how the wool and silk absorb the dye differently, resulting in gorgeousness.


Oh yes, Ani done taught me right.

2 comments:

Stone Angel said...

Gorgeous, gorgeous stuff. Also, my question regarding Finn's whereabouts has been answered.
Beautiful sky behind him.

Xxx. Xxxx said...

Beautiful!!