Monday, April 21, 2008

Poor Old Wee Ball

In all the travels and projects, Wee Ball Yarns has had to take a backseat. I did manage to get it included in the Craft Council's annual studio guide and I submitted yarn for consideration for their store in St. John's--still waiting hear back on that. As our thoughts turn northward and ferry reservations are made, I have been able to cast a glance at my dwindling inventory and start to get excited about another season of yarn dyeing and spinning. I purchased some natural plant dyes (indigo!!) and I am hoping to get a bunch of fleece dyed before we leave so I can start right in spinning. We'll see. Time takes on another feeling in Gillams, so there will be opportunity to do all these things sooner or later.

In the meantime, I have posted some new items, including some new yarn that I am very happy with. Remember my over-spun single?



Pretty but pretty awful from a spinning perspective.

The solution was to ply it with a merino single that had been sitting around on a bobbin.


I love the results--so rich in colour. I keep thinking it is the royalty of yarn because it looks so fancy. The perfect ending for a terrible mistake!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

i love how this turned out!
(pssst i ordered my wheel today...) xxx