Tuesday, June 10, 2008

I've Been Tagged

Patti is the culprit, but since this is my first (aaaww), I am excited to answer the call. So what were those questions...? Oh yes...

What was I doing 10 years ago?
Jasus, I can hardly remember 10 minutes ago, but let's see...I was in the middle of being pregnant with Lucy while chasing around an 18 month old Finnian. I do remember reaching a point where Finn could run faster than me but I don't think I had quite achieved that level of immense pregnancy by June. Other than that I mostly don't remember much, which is the world's way of encouraging you to have more children.

What are the 5 things on my to do list for today (in no particular order)
1. Bake bread and try to get my sourdough starter to be more active. I always get one going in Gillams and every year it takes much longer than the stated four days to really get it to work. I don't know why but it does. I will make a non-sourdough focaccia today, which may be the world's most quick and simple yet tasty bread.
2. Make an appointment at our local bank for when Dan arrives so we can set up joint accounts now that we are officially Landed Immigrants (hooray!!). Bummer about the state of the US dollar, however...
3. "Gently" encourage F&L to do more than sit around in their pjs reading books all day. Humph.
4. Have I said anything about spinning yet? Maybe some carding too. I know, such a party animal!
5. IF there is time among the cooking and cleaning that has gone as yet unmentioned, I will do some yoga led by my new favorite yogi, Shiva Rea. I would drink that woman's bath water!

Snacks I enjoy
Almonds. Dates, if I need a sweet thing. And I do have a less admirable weakness (read: addiction) for potato chips. We are all heavily into the salt and pepper chips that are popular here.

Things I would do if I were a billionaire
Billionaire? That sounds exhausting. I suppose we would travel spontaneously, raise sheep (and hire people to care for them while we travel spontaneously), and work hard to give away all that money.

Places I’ve lived
Burlington, Gloucester, and West Boxford, MA, Manhattan, Brooklyn, and Queens, NY, Hoboken, NJ, Westerly, RI, Jamaica Plains, MA, Gillams, NL. What can I say? I am a northeast kind of gal.

People I want to know more about
Oh my, I fear most of my favourite online friends don't like this kind of thing! Will I be breaking the chain if I don't tag people? I am worried they will be irritated...so....you know who you are. I want to know more about you! We all do!

No comments: