Friday, December 12, 2008

Step Away From The Hook

In the hoo-doo trance that was yesterday I began to think about making festive pencil hats for everyone who was involved with this project. Lord knows I have the yarn (I have about one case of yarn remaining in a mix of the three colours, mostly the off-white).

When I woke up this morning my arm and back were sore and the thought of crocheting one stitch was rather unappealing but by the time we were at our usual Friday morning class, I thought I could give it a try.

Behold:



Take your mind out of the gutter! Note the clever design:



I whipped out these babies...um, maybe I should put that another way...I crocheted these items in about 30 minutes each. Even so, after two I am feeling quite done. I think I will retire my size "N" hook for the time being.

As for the giant pencil, it was carted away in the back of a pick-up truck this afternoon after being dragged out of our house and down the sidewalk. I tried not to be too alarmed and to accept the realization that it is out of my hands now.

No comments: