Sunday, December 07, 2008

Treble Trouble

Sorry to be so boring - there is little to report. Yarn is still being distributed - I think the sides alone will use up 5.5 cases of yarn (that's 330 skeins). My original calculations were way off. It turns out I have the most loosey-goosey of gauges when it comes to treble crochet. Who knew?

One person has finished her piece, the rest sound like they are on track. My piece is almost finished to the point where I have to stop and sew the sides together. I had a momentary set back when I actually went to the building and looked at the water tank in real life (note to self: before embarking on a mammoth crochet project, remember to visit actual site of installation). It turns out the ladder up the side has railings that actually go up and connect to the roof. I had a brief moment when I thought I would be ripping out two feet of diameter to accommodate that railing, but I think I can make do with only minimal tearing back. It took me a day of staring at the thing in my living room to work it all out. Sometimes you just need to sit and stare a while.

Yoga teacher training continues onward, so all crochet comes to a screeching halt. It makes for a nice change of pace: treble crochet, treble crochet, treble crochet (x 1,000,000), contemplate pure consciousness, treble crochet, treble crochet, treble crochet (x 1,000,000)...

No comments: