Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Guerilla Spinning

Yesterday evening I spun on the #7 train for the first as part of my project, Spindle 7. Not sure why I have been holding back from actually doing it...ok, I know why. I am a little scared that my spindle skills are so poor that I will just look like a fool and, damn it, I am shy! I had one of those "why do I do this to myself" moments when I question why I conjure up projects designed, as if by architects, to make myself uncomfortable. I could just be sitting at home spinning happily, but nooooo, I have to go out and make a spectacle of myself.

Every project requires that I get that thought process over and done with.

Then, I took out my spindle and fleece and started to spin. Once I got started, it was ok. I deliberately chose yesterday evening because I knew the #7 would not be crowded heading into Manhattan at 6:45 p.m. And it wasn't. I didn't try to make lots of eye contact but there weren't too many eyes to contact anyway. I did notice a distinct change in atmosphere once we hit Manhattan at Grand Central. Then I definitely got a couple of WTF looks.

Let'em riot! Guerilla spinners, are you ready??

3 comments:

Unknown said...

oh i wish i could be spinning beside you...

Unknown said...

PLEASE post details of your next guerilla spinning session on Ravelry.

it will be less scary if you are part of group of spinners..
(should we have a boom box and alice's restaurant playing in the background? we could be a movement!)

PurpleGirl said...

I second OfTroy. Please post when you think you will be spinning on the #7 train. I'd gladly keep you company and crochet.

PurpleGirl (aka Rosemarie)