Thursday, August 20, 2009

Grammie's Here!

My mom is here for a couple of weeks for her annual visit. At 82, it is impressive that she gets here at all - getting to Newfoundland is an all-day affair even if you live near Boston, as she does. We used to go hiking and make ambitious plans but now the pace is a bit slower.

On Sunday we will head to St. John's to kick off Knitting Sprawl. I have three knitting groups lined up and I am hoping to get some other photography and video work done as well. I have no idea how this will all work out, but the thing has been set in motion, so away we go!

In the meantime, I have been trying to use up my stash of dyed fibre since I am anticipating a long stretch of not spinning for my esty shop. I have a project this winter that involves spinning but for art, not money - ain't it always the way...

Here are some yarns that I have recently listed:


Inspired by the ocean and made from some indigo dyed fleece that I dyed this spring with my friend Sono, who has a new blog. Check it out!



I called this one "Bermuda".



One of my favourite kinds of yarns to spin and to knit with - a mixture of all sorts of odds and ends, including some silk flower petals.



Naming yarns can be a difficult thing if I haven't started with a specific inspiration. This one hit me just as I finished it - I call it Morandi. Can you see it?





And since I was on an artist jag, I called this one Ad Rienhardt.

No comments: