Sunday, July 11, 2010

An Island About To Get Sweeter

We awoke from our heat-induced coma to discover that the house was a wreck, there was a pile of bills to be paid and I was behind on our homeschooling paperwork. How did that happen?

And we have visitors coming! Shawn and Eamon will arrive this evening.

Something must be done.

Once the heat lifted from Are-You-Kidding-Me to I-Think I-Will-Make-It-After-All, I set to work tidying up. But not your run of the mill, stack the books in the corner, sweep the middle of the floor (what? you never do that?) kind of cleaning. This time I tackled all projects, large and small, that have been building up for months. Lucy's doll was repaired. My zafu no longer leaks buckwheat husks every morning. Homeschooling paperwork was dispatched to the belly of the DoE beast. The art supplies that ate the dining room hutch have been tamed. Laundry? I laugh at your laundry!

In the dim of a closed curtain afternoon, our house is looking pretty and awaits the arrival of our long-anticipated guests.




3 comments:

Jan Morrison said...

oh man oh man, I need to do this! You are an inspiration...my garden needs tackling too and uh, some knitting projects, back taxes, and of course my revision...one stroke at a time I'll follow Dorey's advice and 'just keep swimming, just keep swimming'

Brenda Stratton said...

Wish I could be there too. xxxb

Taos Sunflower said...

Procrastination? No...this is what we refer to as being "event driven". Have a great visit with Shawn and Eamon!