Friday, July 23, 2010

Widdershin Woolworks

Please allow me to introduce you to a new shop on etsy: Widdershin Woolworks. The proprietor, Michelle Mueller, is a Buddhist nun in the Tibetan tradition who has recently returned from India, where she was ordained by H.H. the Dalai Lama. She is living with Martie of Taos Sunflower and started, or rather re-started, spinning and making yarn. You can read some her story here. She is selling her yarn on etsy as part of a fundraising effort on behalf of a new retreat center in New Mexico that will offer housing and community for recently returned monastics, like Michelle.

I bought her yarn because I thought it was beautiful and only later learned what it was supporting.


Have I mentioned that it is incredibly soft? And beautiful? And well-spun?

Oh heat, please go away! I have knitting to do!


I am very happy to have the added bonus of supporting Michelle's project with my purchase. So, if you love yarn, the dharma, or both, please check out her shop!

1 comment:

Stitching Upstairs said...

Robyn, thanks so much for supporting Michelle and her project. And YES her yarn is wonderful!