Monday, July 05, 2010

The Three H's



Hazy, hot and humid.

It has been eight years since we spent a summer in New York and New York is repaying our disloyalty in spades. Everyday this week is forecast to be near 100F/38C. Lucy, who was two when we started staying in Newfoundland regularly, is particularly angry. I can remember strategies for dealing with hot weather from years past, but this is rather a shock for her.

Next week, our dear friends Shawn (from islandsweet) and her grandson, Eamon, are coming for a visit. I hope the heat wave has broken by then because I am not so sure they are prepared to come from where it has been hovering in the high 60sF/18C to this situation.

I guess we will just have to kill the heat.

1 comment:

Taos Sunflower said...

Gruesome heat, my thoughts for cool breezes go out to you. Have a great visit with Shawn and Eamon!!!