Friday, October 28, 2011

Bring Out Your Dead

In honour of Halloween, and despite of being the Ebenezer Scrooge of said holiday, I have been resurrecting dead projects.  These were my hungry ghosts - looming in the background, wanting to be finished but unable to fit into my schedule or my current interest.

This one got put aside because I made a mistake somewhere along the way.  I forgot how fun this pattern is but now that I am back in the groove, I am cooking along.  I highly recommend it as a beginner's lace pattern.  Here is a link to the free ravelry download.  It will end too soon!

This project dates from 2006, I believe.  Again, I made a mistake that required a bit of ripping back so I put it in a bag and hid it in a dark corner.  But dang it, that was a lot of colourwork to just abandon.  The actual knitting requires a fair amount of concentration so it is not for casual, pick-up work, thus it is still sitting by the couch.  The intention is there, however.

Perhaps my hungry ghosts are ready to be reborn into another realm.  I will let you know.

Meanwhile, please enjoy:


1 comment:

Taos Sunflower said...

Thanks for that bit of Monte Python, I needed a good laugh! PS Good luck with finishing projects. I have adopted a theory that one should tear out unfinished projects at the end of the year if they've been there the whole year or more...get them off your guilt list and free the yarn.