Wednesday, January 16, 2008

It's here! I never thought I would be so excited about having over 100 skeins of acrylic yarn in my livingroom, but I am!

We made our way through the maze that is east Jersey, just outside of the Meadowlands, to the HQ of Lion Brand Yarns. We were greeted with kindness and two big boxes of yarn. Thank you, thank you, thank you, Lion Brand! I immediately packaged up about half the yarn to be mailed to various states and taped up a powefully large box headed to the knitters of Corner Brook, Newfoundland.

We, of course, missed the turn-off to the local Carlstadt, NJ, post office and found ourselves headed back to the Lincoln Tunnel. Our goal was: get yarn, pack up yarn, mail yarn, celebrate at Mitsuwa, the fabulous and huge Japanese supermarket with the best food court east of the Mississippi in Edgewater. But after we missed the proper turn off (do they ever put up signs in NJ???), we agreed that getting back to the safety of New York was a worthy goal. Sorry Garden Staters, I just can't love your home, much as I have tried.

But now, with packages mailed and the remaining yarn securely here, I can breathe a sigh of relief and get to work. Only 5,230 feet left to go!

No comments: