Monday, August 30, 2010

Send A Message to the Universe



Want to send a message to the universe? Of course you do!

Here's how.

Knit or crochet a 12" x 12" square and have it be part of my project for the 2010 Maker Faire. I have instructions that I will gladly email to you. Or you can just email me a message to be pinned onto a square. Like a Tibetan prayer flag, your message will be caught by the breezes of Flushing Meadows Corona Park and carried off into the universe. My email is thehousemuseum(at)gmail.com.

The only catch is...if you are a knitter or crocheter...you need to use Lion Brand's Hometown USA yarn. There are three ways to do this. One is to come to my house and pick up yarn. Another is to wait a little bit - I am working on organizing a Manhattan location. The third is to buy a skein of that yarn at your local craft store. Ok, there are actually four ways - if I know you and see you regularly, I will deliver yarn to you. Ok, five ways. I might be convinced to mail you yarn but, truthfully, I am trying to avoid this option because it is pricey and very inconvenient. But you could convince me...

I think it is going to be a very fun project. It already is! Let's do this together.

2 comments:

urban muser said...

Hi Robyn,
I'd love to knit some squares and spread the word to some friends. Please send me the instructions (gibknitty on Rav, or gibknitty@gmail.com). Also, I have some free time if you need any help organizing in Manhattan or wherever. Love this project!

Baby Items for Winter said...

I'd love to help :D I have some Lion Brand Homespun yarn, will that do? Please send the instructions to:

jrawvelous@gmail.com