Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Boogie Nights

The weather has been uncooperative from a photography point of view. I had several new skeins of yarn and a new hat to photograph for my etsy shop but it wasn't happening until the sky lightened just a bit. There is beautiful light today so I have been snapping pictures left and right.

Here is a skein of yarn that started as an antidote to the economic woes. One of the groups I belong to on etsy is the craftivist group and the current challenge is "debt relief". I was thinking this skein would cause the grey skies to clear up and people would put on a happy face, but somewhere along the line it started looking less recession special and more boogie nights. Oh well. If it has the funk, so be it.



But as a true believer in sharing the love, I recently also bought some gorgeous yarn from islandsweet who has just started to sell her yarns. Talk about sharing the love - thanks Shawn for letting the rest of us have fun too! I already started a hat with one skein she called Papaya. Yum!






And etsy had other bounty to share (well, if you paid for it). I had some labels made up for my hats. I like 'em.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

ooh it all looks lovely...