Tuesday, October 07, 2008

Thoughts are objects too

The Board of Directors of the building where we have proposed that the water tower cozy will go met last night to decide if they will allow us to use their water tower. We sent them a proposal about the project and now we are waiting to hear if they accepted it.

On one hand, my life is quite full. If the building refuses, the project may not happen and that might not be such a bad thing from the perspective of my schedule and my sanity. On the other hand, if they refuse, it will reflect badly on me since I had the contact at this building and suggested that they would go for the idea.

So I sit here, feeling my heart beating rapidly, sitting with a feeling of nervousness about the outcome. Then sitting with how it feels to imagine people of some power over my reputation really angry at me - a very queasy feeling. Remarkable really, how a thought can manifest in a physical reaction. Watch it, feel it, become it. STOP IT! No, no. Watch it, feel it.....

1 comment:

Unknown said...

you've done all you can robyn. the proposal came from an honest place. you put it out there. that's all you have power over this. the decision is more a reflection upon them than you. and either decision will be just fine...