Saturday, March 26, 2011

Relapse



Also, may I recommend looking at this beautiful remembrance of the Triangle Shirtwaist Factory fire on its 100th anniversary. It was heartening to learn that so many have not forgotten.

ETA: Dan, who has not mastered the ability to comment, or has been frustrated by blogger at every turn more likely, wanted to "remind us by way of Finn and Lucy's great grandmother Teresa Burke who did exactly that same work on similar factory floors in Massachusetts, how close we all are to the people who were there."

2 comments:

dorinalouise said...

hi robyn, thanks for linking. your winter photos have been breathtaking for me . .

Taos Sunflower said...

I watched the documentary last night. I've seen photos and discussions about the fire before, but I particularly enjoyed the memories of their descendants, and how the program made it so much more personal with all the biographical details of the lost. It was an absolutely unthinkable tragedy. I'm glad their legacy lives on.