Friday, April 22, 2011

Humble Pie

After my look-at-me boasting yesterday about what a fabulous yogini I am, it was only natural that I become a living example of "pride cometh before a fall".

And fall I have...once again, I fell on my face (left temple) coming out of bhuja pindasana. In the middle of the room, in front of many people. Now I have a walnut sized lump on my head and a patch of grazed skin to wear with my vanity.

On the other hand, the teacher insisted that I catch my breath and do it again immediately afterwards. And, in doing it the second time, I think I actually got it. I finally felt it - how it is supposed to go. Maybe that will mean fewer lumps on my head...

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Its hard to keep a child like view of the world--where trying (and failing) is normal--but you try and try again.

We all develop --along the years--the notion we should be able to do things (perfect! with out practice) and then tend to shy away from things we think we can't do!
Oh to be a child like fool, who tries and tries, and lives with bruises and skinned knees as a result.

Fail is just a important as success!

Xxx. Xxxx said...

Wonderful! Soften your gaze.

Jan Morrison said...

oh those sneaky protectors are always waking us up! Yay for them...