Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Time Swiftly Passes By

After the big hike last weekend, we went back to our friends' cabin and had supper with them and a whole passel of children, from the not-yet born (one woman was pregnant) to a 10 week-old all the way up to my own 14 year-old. Naturally, I reflected on when I was pregnant and then had newborn babies, then active toddlers who meant that I spent social gatherings running around like one other mother was this weekend, never a moment to actually socialize. Now, I have the luxury of a finished conversation and sitting down for a meal.

I am not sure I fully appreciated all those stages. I do miss my little babies. The active toddlers, well, sometimes impermanence has its benefits.

Today, Lucy was out the door at 7:55 am to go to her first real job. She is babysitting our neighbor's daughter for the next two weeks.


Time swiftly passes by and opportunity is lost. Even if it is an opportunity to paste cut outs from Vogue Magazine on your face.


This is for Martie in New Mexico - a photo from yesterday's rainstorm. I always knew there was some kind of synchronicity between New Mexico and Newfoundland!

2 comments:

Taos Sunflower said...

Oh my gosh, Robyn...I wondered where the end of the rainbow was...now I know it's Newfoundland. How awesome. (PS I've made a few idle threats to run away from home and come hide up there with you and Shawn, thinking no one would ever think to look for me there...LOL...plus I happen to know you have lots of spinning fiber to use!) XXXX

Robyn said...

I knew I made that guest room for a reason! I think you must come. Bring Michelle too!