Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Bonus Points

There were some added perks to being part of Maker Faire 2010. One of the biggest was that I got to meet many fellow knitters and crocheters, including some of celebrity status.


One was Amy Caterina, the artist responsible for the Pseudo-Sod Car.


Another was Anna Hrachovec of Mochimochiland. She is just about to have an exhibition of her creations at Gallery Hanahou (611 Broadway, Suite 730 in Manhattan). It opens October 7th.


And it turns out that the Hall of Science has its own resident yarnbomber - the librarian Rebecca Reitz. She yarnbombed the security gates at the library entrance. This was the only photograph that I took that came out halfway decent but go check out her blog, where she has all sorts of very good photographs of her work and others at Maker Faire.

Also I am pleased to announce that my project won two blue ribbons: one from Craftzine.com and one from the producer of the event itself. I actually received two blue ribbons! It kind of cracked me up - like I had the largest pumpkin or something. But when one of the Lion Brand people tried to take one of them from me because he "wanted to do something with it," I felt an urge to wrestle him to the ground, if necessary, to keep MY ribbons.

Ah success! How quickly you corrupt....

4 comments:

urban muser said...

yay! you deserve those blue ribbons.

Manicmag said...

Wow!! Just found your blog. You are amazing! Very inspiring project you created. Thank you for sharing. Hope to catch this fair next year.

Robyn said...

Hi Manicmag - thanks for coming over and making a comment! Hope you will come back soon...

Xxx. Xxxx said...

Congratulations on the blue ribbons! :)