Thursday, March 29, 2007

Back to the topic at hand

I have been a little sidetracked by a number of things, including this:



This is a sweater/coat that was intended to give some practice at two-color knitting and steek cutting. It is from a book called Norskstrikkedesign. It was one of those late nights when I was captured by the siren song of the internets, and I bought the kit from Nordic Fiber Arts. Now, I am not a yarn harlot. I have project loyalty and I have a very hard time starting new projects when I have something already on the needles. So, it took a distinct force of will to actually cast on the first of eight sections that will ultimately be my knit sprawl.



I decided to knit a black boarder around the whole thing to give myself some leeway in terms of how it will ultimately be presented. Also, it allows me to slowly work my way into the yarn and the piece before the fair isle work starts. I mean, not that I'm scared or anything.

No comments: