Friday, September 28, 2007

Do Nothing



This piece is the first in what I hope will be a series of crochet works that I think of as my antimacassar sutra series. I am working on a set of antimacassars that use phrases (sometimes from sutras) that I think about regularly. This one, as I hope you can see, says "Do Nothing." I am a firm believer in the power of sitting still. Often that means meditation, but it also means looking out the window and day dreaming. Although our current schedule belies this important message, I recommend it nonetheless.

PS. You can purchase my "Do Nothing" crochet piece (it will be framed) as part of the Sunnyside Community Services Benefit Art Auction on October 18th. Or you can bid or purchase it outright online. All proceeds support this wonderful organization that does so much for Sunnyside residents. Check out the link--besides my own work, there is a lot of excellent work up for bid, and most of it is by local artists supporting their community.

No comments: