Thursday, February 07, 2008

Why are this man's hands idle?



It may be that everyone entering our house from now on will be required to knit. This is Phillip Davies, the person who does PR work for Lion Brand. He came by yesterday afternoon and took pictures of me and Lucy knitting on the stripe. We actually had fun--I now fully swear by the following technique for feeling calm in the face of cameras: knit constantly. Phillip gave me a good idea about how to install the piece in Dallas and helped figure out that it will have around 1.5 million stitches, maybe more, when it is finished. He also convinced me to unroll the great wheel. It makes a lovely carpet...

2 comments:

Xxx. Xxxx said...

Why, indeed?! Doesn't he see a recovering-from-illness child working steadily on this mile?? Has he no heart?! :)

I gotta tell you Robyn, the response to your project is downright heart-warming! I didn't knit enough! I coulda done more!

Unknown said...

wonderful photos robyn. it looks like alot. i showed your blog photos to my class today and they were proud to be part of something so big...