Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Knitting Sprawl - St. John's, Newfoundland

This is our last full day in St. John's and it is full indeed. This morning I am headed to the CBC studio to talk with Mack Furlong who will be the host of this weekend's Weekend Arts Magazine program. Then I will head out to Mount Pearl for some photographing and videotaping, then back into St. John's for a visit to The Rooms and finally, my last knit together will be this evening with a group that meets at a coffee shop called Hava Java. If you are in town, stop in! It starts at 7 p.m.

Here are a small selection of images from the last couple of days.


Airport Heights road sign


Pouch Cove road sign



Airport Heights - at the outer edge of St. John's.

From my second knitting group, which met at the Arts and Culture Center Library:


The library set up these refreshments - with added cookies and other goodies from Auntie Crae's. Janet Kelly, the energetic owner of Aunty Crae's, is behind getting this group together and very generously provided us with a little something to restore our tissues after all our efforts knitting and talking.


Here is the group itself - a wonderful mix of ages and abilities and backgrounds. Not for the first time did I have to pinch myself to see if it were really true that THIS is what I get to do for the next year or so. (I just noticed that I had framed the picture to appear like there was a large section of reading materials labeled "racy" at this library!)

I have many, many thoughts based on these pictures but they will have to wait as I must go make myself presentable for a radio interview. I know I could wear my pajamas and no one would know but I suspect that might be frowned upon just on general principle so more later...

No comments: