Friday, October 23, 2009

Merry Christmas David!

Almost a year later, but at long last I have finished David's Christmas sweater. It took attending 11 knit nights across Upper Canada to do it, but dag nab it, I did it.

The only benefit to taking so long to finish this sweater is that I could tack on other accomplishments. Now it is David's Christmas sweater as well as his Congratulations on Completing Your Ph.D Sweater AND his Congratulations on Getting Your Tenture-Track position Sweater. It never pays to rush, I tell you.



I cropped the photo because the flash was less than complimentary to David but I left his smile. One of pleasure or just relief? We don't know.

The pattern is His Llama Cardigan by Veronik Avery and I knit it in Cascade 220 Heathers Olive. There are some very nice design touches to this otherwise simple sweater such as shoulder seams that fall on the back of the sweater and sleeve cuffs that are made to turn up, which was especially nice for David, who has long arms.

Wear it well, David, as you go forth into academia.

2 comments:

dorinalouise said...

of course it's always good to take one's time! it's a beautiful sweater. i'd love to knit it . . along with all the other projects i would like to knit . . !

Xxx. Xxxx said...

I'm fond of VĂ©ronik Avery's design touches! Lovely cardigan, Robyn. Congratulations on the finish and to David!