Sunday, April 25, 2010

Dream Large



Filmmaker, Bill Forsyth, will be speaking at Film Forum in NYC this Thursday as part of a retrospective of his work that is showing there. We are all great fans of his, especially his film, Local Hero, which is a film that reminds me so much of my relationship with Newfoundland (only funnier). He made the above short film as part of accepting a lifetime achievement award, in lieu of giving a speech.

Sadly, I will miss seeing him in person because I will be up at Zen Mountain Monastery in sesshin, but I hope Dan, Finn and Lucy will go. Forsyth gets a certain tone exactly right.

As an aside, we just saw the movie In the Loop, which I do highly recommend. After watching a couple of minutes, both Dan and I were saying "Danny!"

Amazing but true...

No comments: