Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Taking Care of Everything

While the wind continues to batter the east side of our house, we put the finishing touches on our holiday preparations. When it is left up to me, things move rather slowly. I have a hard time with being pinned down to specific dates so I resist the notion that these celebrations need to happen exactly on the 25th. I rather prefer the idea of a more consistent and even flow of giving across days and nights rather than one big, end-of-year blowout. Yet other people do not necessarily share this idea and they expect their gifts to be ready on Christmas day. Somehow this surprises me every time.

Speaking of late gifts, I have finished knitting Lucy's Central Park Hoodie. Here it is, blocking.


Minky decided that napping on wet wool has a certain appeal.


Finnian snapped this picture last night. He claims it proves that I spend too much time on the computer. He might be correct in that assessment. To remedy this situation, I am going to take a little vaca from all things computer, or at least the internet-based parts.

Have a wonderful holiday season! See you in the new year.

1 comment:

Xxx. Xxxx said...

Love Finnian's photo. Will miss "you." :) Enjoy your season of giving!