Thursday, March 21, 2013

SpinCycle at The Brooklyn Museum

What do you get when you have a bicycle, a spinning wheel, a metronome and a mirror?

You have SpinCycle - a new project that will have its World Premiere at The Brooklyn Museum on Saturday, April 6th from 7 − 9 p.m. as part of their First Saturday program.

Please join me!  In fact, I need you - SpinCycle depends on your participation.  Come pedal and spin yarn and spin yarns.  Finger knitting also will be taught by Miranda Norris and Shannon Hayes (and maybe Lucy too) using yarn donated by the ever-generous Lion Brand Yarns.

For the bicycle part of the project, I have been working with the awesome crew at Recycle-A-Bicycle, who, as it turns out, have a warehouse a 1/2 block from my studio.  It looks like this:



But from that, they pulled out this:


Add the spinning contraption, the mirror and the metronome, and darling, I will see you there!

1 comment:

Taos Sunflower said...

Wish I could be there. Very cool ideas, Robyn.