Saturday, September 26, 2009

Miscellany

Last night was our last scheduled knit together for a while. It was in New Hamburg, which is about 1.5 hrs west and a little north of Toronto. It was in an amazing store called Shall We Knit and I really do want to write about it, along with the other knit togethers that are patiently waiting in line, but I feel a little fried and not able to give the experiences the proper amount of insight and eloquence that they deserve. I do apologize. I also have been fighting a cold for several days and finally, last night in the car ride home, it decided to fully make itself known. I can't really complain since it did wait until the last knit night was over, but it does tend to cloud the mind a little.

I promise to have photographs and text soon. It has been a mind blowing experience on so many levels. I want to do it justice.

Instead, I have for your viewing pleasure, some pictures of knitting. There have been a few yarn accidents along the way.

I finished knitting the Uncle David cardigan and didn't want to attempt to sew it up while talking, so I purchased some sale yarn at The Knit Cafe, which conveniently is not so far from where we are staying. Actually Lucy picked out the yarn (can you tell?) and I promised to make her a poncho from it.



Of course once I got started I realized I needed 1. bigger needles and 2. more yarn. So much for my $10 poncho.

But it is awfully nice yarn, you have to admit.

And here is the smiling Sonya. She finished her scarf! She managed to do all that in between filming, which is impressive on its own but especially so when you consider it was her first ever project.

I was a little surprised that she didn't immediately buy more yarn but I happen to know for a fact that they have yarn stores in Berlin too.

No comments: