Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Shipping Off

Yes, we are shipping off tomorrow, but a bunch of yarn is shipping off today. I have been spinning a good deal in these last days so I have a few skeins to send to the Craft Council shop in addition to a couple of custom orders.

Tomorrow evening I will bid a tearful farewell to my wheel. I decided to leave it here in the interim because I suspect I will not have a whole lot of spinning time in New York over the next couple of months. It feels a little like leaving a child behind. Well, not really. But it was a Big Decision, if you know what I mean.

But what of the yarn? Here it is:


I may have OD'ed on the yellow saturation in photoshop on this one, but I love those acid green bits. BFL and silk, 406 yds.


Moody and atmospheric, don't you think? BFL and silk, 400 yds.


Another weeper - this skein is so gorgeous! Merino and silk, 500 yds.

All of these skeins were made with fleece handpainted by Michelle at Widdershin Woolworks. I divided the 4 oz rovings in half and mixed and matched. I think the results speak for themselves.


And just to show that I can still turn out a rockin' art yarn, a small skein made with batts that I made for A Good Yarn but liked so much that I made extras so I could spin some myself. Merino, BFL, angelina, mohair locks, and recycled sari silk. 66 yds. Hmmmm...I think I could have turned up the yellow saturation on that one.

2 comments:

Xxx. Xxxx said...

Beautiful yarn! and what a wrench leaving your child, I mean wheel behind!

Safe travels to you and the remainder of your offspring. ;)

Newfoundland Fibre Artist said...

Safe Journey