Thursday, April 21, 2011

Flow

A quick peek around the ashtanga-related interwebs revealed lots of high praise for Sharath's NYC visit. I dunno, but I was kind of disappointed. Let me clarify - it was my own expectations obviously. I had this idea that simply by being who he is, he would transform the experience of a led class into something extra special. But it was just a led class....with 150 other people at 6:30 am in Manhattan. I mean no disrespect to Sharath at all - he exudes amazingness. It was the format, which doesn't allow for any extra words or even instructions to be offered.

Whatev's.

This morning I finally got my sorry self over to mysore class. I had an initial shock from the heated up room. I have been practicing for six months in a, how shall we say, chilly house in Newfoundland - heat was not really...a factor. Then, it was awesome. I even did this for the very first time:



I know, I know. No attachment to results, right? But my practice has been a bit sucky lately, so it was nice to hit a high mark after so many reminders of the low points. And I am pretty sure that I did not look quite so calm and together like this guy in the photo.

Whatev's.

2 comments:

Xxx. Xxxx said...

Around here we don't have much time for the 'wha' part. We just say tev's. It's all the rage. T'evs. ;)

Taos Sunflower said...

Whoa...if you can do any version of that, you have my complete and total respect.