Saturday, August 27, 2011

Impossible

When the organizers of the Biennale put up the page about The Avenue of Trees project, I was amused and only slightly alarmed to notice that they had upped the number of squares from 1500 to 2000. Such an easy thing to type, isn't it?


The piles are getting higher, but I am not so sure I could nonchalantly add 500 squares to the projected total at this point. These squares are soon to be boxed up and send off with fingers crossed for swift efficiency from Canada Post. Did I hear a derisive snort and see some eye rolling? Now, now, have a positive attitude. I am sure Canada Post won't let me down. And if I just keep saying that...


Here is all of my progress from yesterday on the Stitch 'n Pitch project. Yup, all wound back onto the skein - an entire day's work. Today's a new day, dawning bright. And if I just keep saying that...


Speaking of doing the impossible, here is a photograph of some telephone wires. It also is a photograph of a boat pulling a shed down the bay from McIvers to Meadows. Apparently it took six hours to get the shed about ten kilometers. But they did it! So, if a couple of guys with a boat can move a shed across a large body of water, I can crochet a three-colour Mets logo and whip up 500 extra squares.

A positive attitude, I tell you.

4 comments:

Gillian said...

I noticed that right away as well! I felt like yelling "She canna go any faster Captain!"

Jan Morrison said...

I've only got two, my dear, but I'll mail them Monday...er...should I now mail them to New York? Erggh.
Jan
I just watched Jack's funeral. Gawwwd, I'm totally awash.

Robyn said...

Gillian, you crack me up!

Jan - YES!! please send to NYC now...we will be leaving here on Tuesday evening so I won't receive your squares if you mail them here on Monday.

Melaine said...

Robyn, I noticed the 2000 as well and thought... hmmm. I wish I had more time to get you some more squares. Good luck.