Saturday, September 03, 2011

My Cup Runneth Over

Here is what Dan brought over from his office this morning. I have to say, it makes me want to cry with gratitude. Ok, I am crying, not just wanting to cry. Why do people so generously give of their time, talent and yarn stash for a project halfway across the world that is, as Helen has said, really just for the sake of beauty? I don't know why!  Yet, you do it.  I offer you my deep bows of gratitude.

See those two big boxes? Those are from Patti. She and Gillian were matching each other, double crochet for double crochet. I know Patti has suffered from crochet-induced carpal tunnel syndrome, so I was more than a little worried that I would be responsible for further injury. She hasn't mentioned it, so I am sighing a little sigh of relief now that she had stopped. I would like to be able to look her in the eye in the future.

Since arriving in NYC, I have received packages from Molli, Michelle, Martie, Melaine, Amy, Sonya, Lynnett, Ruth, Patti, Karen, Pauline, Rosemarie, Barbara and Janine. I think that is everyone...if you don't see your name here and you sent a package to either my house or Dan's office address, please leave a comment and I will double check.  I am keeping a list of everyone who has contributed and I would hate to leave anyone off!

So, that's the scene in our living room.  For about two seconds after we arrived back, it was tidy.  But to me, it is a beautiful mess.  The best kind of mess.  I love this mess.

5 comments:

ShannonAnn said...

Sweet!

Unknown said...

we do it because we value beauty. and when you value something, the effort you make towards it, is a thing of joy.

we do it because we want the sense of connection, to be part of something bigger than ourselves, better than our selves. The world is a better place for our efforts.

Robyn, you give us the opportunity to make the world a little better. You don't need to thank us, we need to thank you for giving us the chance to be part of of this adventure.

Xxx. Xxxx said...

I agree 100% with Helen.

The carpal tunnel is still a bitch, but I crocheted until I was numb anyway. Then rest, feeling, and begin again. Some things are worth the pain and I've already recovered since stopping. No harm done.

Hope you got a third box from me yesterday or will come Tuesday. It's only holding three, but they'd hate to miss the fun!

Robyn said...

Hi Patti - I think your third box arrived about 20 minutes after I posted that picture - so they are all here safe and sound.

Thank you Helen...I know you have probably said all that before but I think I need constant re-assurance.

XOX

Taos Sunflower said...

Ditto Helen. Oh...and because you're such a good person, Robyn, working so hard to make that beauty spread around for others to share.