Thursday, September 15, 2011

So Far (In Pictures, Some Words)

Duksoon's interpretation of the project.  It does rather sum it up nicely (but I think we will go further than only one km).


Each of the 400 squares collected locally had a form stapled to it.  A form stapled with heavy duty staples such as you might stretch a canvas with or, perhaps, erect a house.

I would like to have a little conversation with Buddy and his staple gun.


Yesterday a trend emerged.  A whole group of squares with colourful flowers attached, each clearly made from a different hand.  Somebody started something!


This square melted my heart.  It has all sorts of things happening - strange ties and knots, odd bumps and row changes and even a bit of crochet around only two sides.  I don't know who made this one but let's just say, I can relate.


A number of the squares have been made in this acrylic faux fur yarn.  And when I say acrylic here, I mean just short of straight up plastic.  I can not imagine what it felt like to crochet it but my sympathies go out to those who used it.  It can not have been fun.

A closer look....shudder.


Here is our collection so far - about 500.  We have almost 200 more coming today (fingers crossed).


Another trend - people made fancy ties on each corner.  

Such an amazing amount of work on display here.  It is impossible not to be moved by it.


It is shaping up.

PS.  Inside joke for Dan....

....just as well we never took over the little hotdog shack on Rte. 2 in Pawcatuck.  Looks like someone else got hold of that idea and ran with it.

1 comment:

Taos Sunflower said...

Robyn: I wish you'd write a book about these experiences. I am laughing so hard I could wake the dead...