Friday, February 20, 2015

If the Pre-Raphaelites Lived in Iceland

Who can say where the sweater ends?
Since returning from Nashville (and an amazing time it was), progress on my project has been a little slower than what I had expected.  I finished knitting one of the large panels and made the executive decision to forego making another one.  The project has drifted so far away from its original impulse that my initial configuration no longer seemed like the best solution.  The knit piece is but one piece of the whole - an important one, mind you - but only one.  I wanted to have time to do justice to the other pieces and so I made some revisions to my ideas.

Also, if I am honest, that part of me that used to stay up all night and work 'til I drop seems to have left me completely.  I would like to think that this is a sign of maturation and not just a growing laziness.  We'll see!  Photographic evidence seems to speak otherwise...

No comments: