Tuesday, January 15, 2008

If it's brown..?

In between garter stitches and trying not to freak out about the fact that the clock is severely ticking and *still no yarn*, I made a couple of skeins of my own yarn and a hat (the hat was nearly done before garter stitch fest started).

During the making of both the hat and one of the skeins of yarn, I kept saying to myself that this was likely to be the ugliest damn thing that I ever did see. First the hat, with its brown colour...I mean, I hate brown! But I soldiered onward in the belief that it would be nice in the end. And in the end, I did like it a lot, mainly for its colours. I almost kept it for myself except that it doesn't actually look that good on me. Someone else will have the pleasure, I guess.



Then the yarn...the fleeces looked interesting together and I have been trying to be more experimental with my colour combinations but somewhere along the line, while spinning, I was almost embarrassed to be seen with it. What was I thinking? Again, with the brown! Yet, when I got the singles plied, I really liked the finished product.



You just never know.

Ok, back to freaking out now.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

well - it's beautiful - all honey and toasty...