Saturday, January 19, 2008

On the road with The Knitted Mile

A couple of the knitters participating in The Knitted Mile project have posted about their experiences. See them here and here. One thing that I have heard from several people is the way knitting the garter stitch becomes a kind of meditation. It creates a new awareness of their thoughts and that allows them to lose any sense of actual knitting. I know I have experienced this as well. And there is a kind of satisfaction in coming out of that dreamlike state to discover several more feet of stripe have been accomplished. If only I could knit while sleeping....

2 comments:

Unknown said...

you just have to make it fun! i'm here in snowy newfoundland recruiting. xxx

Helen said...

I've just learned about the Knitted Mile. I'm wondering -- is it still possible to join in the fun?