Saturday, June 28, 2008

A Capital "R" for Romance

Since spinning has completely engulfed my life (at least when I am not scraping off old wallpaper - I finished the second wall yesterday, thank you very much. Just 156,000 deft movements and five hours later...), I have seen the need for another fly wheel for my dearest darling, my sweet Sue, my Majacraft Suzie Pro. Although the Suzie Pro has a delta oriface (a triangluar piece of heavy wire rather than a traditional tube-like oriface) which allows for many sizes of yarn to move through it, one still must use the little wire slide-y thing (pretty sure that is the technical name) that feeds the yarn on to the bobbin. When I make those funky yarns with all sorts of slubby bits, I have to keep squeezing them through that little wire slide-y thing or everything gets jammed up. And, god love'em, those Majacraft bobbins are big but they still fill quickly with that kind of yarn.

So it is that I have been looking longingly at the Wild Flyer Kit online over the past few weeks. I told myself that I needed to sell some more yarn before investing in yet another piece of spinning equipment but each time I had to stop and feed a lump of wool through that damn slide-y thing, visions of the Wild Flyer danced in my head.

Then, in speaking with Dan, he made mention of getting me something for my birthday, which is fast approaching. Yesterday, a light went off in my head connecting these two thoughts: wild flyer and birthday. So, I emailed information about the Wild Flyer to Dan as a gentle "suggestion" of something he just might possibly want to consider if he were considering getting me a gift. You know, just on the off chance.

He told me he made sure to ask the shop to pick out the most romantic Wild Flyer they had in stock.

No comments: