Monday, June 09, 2008

Go With the Flow

I know they are sweating bullets in NYC right now but it is cold and rainy here. While my garden is getting nowhere, my spinning continues to be very engaging. I made up a little sample yesterday:


It was kind of pain to have to stop and add the little bits but part of that was not knowing if it would look like what I wanted it to look like. After I put together to wool part, I plied it with crochet cotton - just propped the spool on the lazy kate and started plying. I am pretty happy with the sample so I think I will try to make up a whole skein.


One thing I have noticed in my experiments is that, although I know that certain colours and textures have a certain look that would be popular, if I don't like them, I can't spin them. Or rather, my patience with spinning them is very limited. It is like you know you could write a Harlequin Romance and make money but the process of actually doing it is so forced and unpleasant that it actually can't happen.

Or something like that...

1 comment:

Xxx. Xxxx said...

I know that's what's keeping me from the big bucks a la Barbara Cartland--the sheer agony of forcing myself to write something I loathe! No offense to B. C. fan intended. Love the experiment Robyn!

And I've tagged you... Feel free to ignore.