Thursday, April 02, 2009

Dear Dan...

This afternoon after getting home from our day in Brooklyn I checked my email, as I am wont to do of a Thursday afternoon. There was a note from the Canada Council letting me know I could check my application's status online. What? You didn't know I applied...well, yes I did back in November because, you know, I could. My project was called Knitting Sprawl and it was about using knitting to explore the current state of suburbia in Canada through various means - knitting groups in homes, special projects, video, photography. A project as sprawling as the topic itself. One giant metaphor. Because I am good at giant metaphors.

Being of a curious nature, I decided to have a look at the status.

Well my dear, the grant was approved.

So, are you interested in visiting the suburbs of Winnipeg anytime soon?

With love,

Your wife, I hope, still.

3 comments:

Rilla Marshall said...

Congrats Robyn!! That is great news and so well deserved.....I am excited to see the work that results and I am excited about big metaphors.
rilla

MurrMade said...

Congrats Robyn!, just wanted to leave you a message. The Newfoundland Sheep wool is very facinating, thanks for your comment. Yes the lady who gave me the wool has more, but she got it from Exploits Island. I will talk to her if you want and see if she can get more. I am sure it will be no problem.

MurrMade

Xxx. Xxxx said...

Congratulations Robyn! I can't wait to see what you come up with. :)