Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Spindle 7 - This Sunday!



Please join me this Sunday on the #7 train for Spindle 7, a project funded in part by the Queens Council on the Arts with public funds from the New York City Department of Cultural Affairs.

Here is how it will work:

At about 10:30 am, filmmaker, Marcia Connolly, and I will board the last car of first Manhattan-bound #7 train that comes along to the 46th Street/Bliss station. If you want to join us to spin or learn to spin, you have two options.

1. Plan to be on the Manhattan bound platform at the 46th Street/Bliss station at about 10:15 am to get on the train with us.

2. Hang out at any station along the #7 route until our train comes through. We will be in the LAST car when the train is headed into Manhattan. It will be the FIRST car when it is heading back to Flushing, Queens.

NOTE: We will be documenting this event on film so it is possible you will be videotaped as part of a group. The resulting film will be approx. 10 minutes long and screened only as part of an art installation. You can opt out of being filmed.

Hope to see you!

3 comments:

LICraftgal said...

Wow I would love to do this, but just can't make it this Sunday. Have fun and please tell us all about it.
Hope you can make it to Paneras again.

Anonymous said...

Robyn,
I've never spun my own yarn and I'd love to join you; do I have to bring anything? I'm not sure if I'll be joining you in Queens or Manhattan, but I think this is a really cool project and I hope I make it!

Lindsey

Robyn said...

Hi Lindsey,

I will be carrying extra spindles and fleece so you don't have to worry about having anything on hand. Also, I will be happy to teach anyone who wants to learn to spin, and I hope there will be others who will be able to assist you, as well. We had a great day filming today, so I am very excited about Sunday! I look forward to meeting you!