Thursday, July 02, 2009

Nothing Special

Yesterday I had many lovely birthday wishes and I extended my birthday wishes to our adopted country. Canada turned 147 years old.  Me?  44.

Since it was a national holiday, my day was mostly quiet. Gillams is not normally a center of frantic activity but it gets even slower when many of its residents head off to their cabins. We happily stayed close to home. A little spinning, a little fleece scouring, a little gardening.  And in the evening, a town-sponsored bonfire on the beach.  

Nothing special, but enjoying every moment.







Lucy modeling the wild hat and tres sophisticated.

2 comments:

Stitching Upstairs said...

My kind of BD celebration. Happy Belated Birthday!

Anonymous said...

Now with that, I'd never ever have a bad hair day.

I just blogged your gorgeous knit for the NAtional Gallery. I am honoured to have yours in the mix, and will endeavour to get shots of it looking lovely in situ.

Thanks once again!

Denise