Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Hasard de Montréal

I admit - I used an online translator for the title.

Random Montreal...


Some ceramic Portuguese chorizo cookers in a very interesting, Portuguese food and item store. I especially liked the big ole "Sale" stickers on their heads. They also had a cup and saucer with the most bizarre painting of a sheep on it that made the sheep look like a Jesuit. Also on sale - only $5. Darn, I may have to go back for that!



Ummm...no. You can not call a tanning salon, Zen Tan. Finnian tried to argue this point with me but he lost.



After watching the Quebec episode of "No Reservations", we were determined to really give Montreal bagels a try this time. Back in September we were served supposed Montreal bagels at breakfast but, when we saw the cranky breakfast cook reaching into the deep freeze to fetch more, we knew it was a load of baliverne (that's what the online translator gave me for bullshit). Also, how French were these people if they measured out butter in quarter inch squares and looked quite put out when we dared to ask for more. No, we went in search of the real deal - Fairmount Bagels. Even Finnian, who is strong in his passions and not easy to sway, had to admit - they give New York bagels a run for their money. I hate to even say it, but I think I liked it better than (most) New York bagels. But I might be a bit of a general pro-Canadian partisan. I have been known to do crazy things like cheer for the Toronto Blue Jays and burst into O Canada just for the thrill of it.

Needless to say, we tried a different B&B this time around. Not quite so stingy with the butter - they recklessly leave an entire stick out on the table! Can you believe it? Just loose, like anyone could take any amount of it. The cost must be phenomenal.

Ok, I'm better now.


A pretty little stained glass window in our room. So sweet, calling out for spring!


Our street - a little gris, but we are enjoying it immensely.

1 comment:

Taos Sunflower said...

A sheep that looks like a Jesuit! You have me in hysterics! Please post a photo if possible. PS Monte has a couple of funny stories about using those on line translators...