Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Crushes

I confess that when I had my moment of shock when Shawn of islandsweet admitted she was having some issues with being vegetarian and working with wool, I may have had an ulterior motive. Witness:


I ordered this skein from her a couple of weeks ago and it ended up being even better, that is to say, way better than I had pictured it. I love this skein of yarn so much that the mere thought of Shawn giving up wool...well...I just couldn't bear it. Ain't no cotton in the world that can do that!

I bought a couple of other skeins on etsy as well. Let's call it a paypal moment.

These are from naturallyspun, a woman who lives in Washington state and spins all her yarn on her spindle. Truly amazing skill on display here. Check it out.




It is actually a little finer than I thought it would be, so I will save it for something delicate and beautiful, like a lacy cowl. I can already picture it.

And finally, one crush I have had recently was actually of my own doing. After years of trying, I finally achieved the deep reds I so desired from cochineal. Look, my friends. Doesn't it make you want to weep for joy?



You, yes you, dear reader can work with this and all the other reds, blues, greens, and yellows I dyed up yesterday. I am bringing it to Wave Hill this morning as part of Home Study/Handmade.

4 comments:

LICraftgal said...

Oh that is a great red!!! Still havent done that yet. Maybe this year.

Unknown said...

you did it! you did it! you made red!

Anonymous said...

Absolutely beautiful!

Xxx. Xxxx said...

Hello Red! Gorgeous.