Monday, January 18, 2010

Small Things

Because you can't live on high end, conceptual art alone...


Yarn purchased at the Knit Cafe in Toronto - in the sale bin. I started it immediately on the tram but quickly feared I would not have enough for the whole hat. Luck was on my side, however, and there was even a little leftover.

My bonnet pattern, although ever-changing with small modifications. This time, more shaping at the front and a crocheted edge. The i-chord bind off just wasn't working.


Satisfying little projects that finish up quickly. They are a welcome relief after all the intensive knitting of the past several weeks. And they are a small way of gearing up for the next major undertaking - a series of crocheted works for my project at Simmons College. But more on that another time.


No comments: